Automated invoice processing &invoice audit of any document types in SAP
During the process of invoice processing and invoice audit there can be different requirements according to invoice type. Therefore it is necessary to be able to manage various document invoice types in SAP-FI in order to preferably perform an automated invoice audit in SAP. This flexibility is a unique feature of our inPuncto software.
For the process of the automated invoice processing and invoice audit, incoming invoices of different document types are first scanned in batch (e.g. with/without order reference, credit note, asset posting etc.)
After the OCR/ICR processing, a document type is suggested through the read-out invoice context – the corresponding booking transaction is eventually determined by that.
In addition to the system-technical invoice audit in SAP as well as the incoming goods inspection. Moreover, the master and moving data analysis is also being performed.
Various dependences affect the invoice process or invoice workflow:
- Document type (typical creditor invoice without an order reference, incoming invoice with order reference, credit item, deposit invoice, deposit requirement, asset posting, inventory account booking etc.)
- Favoured transaction of your company,
- Accounting area,
- Invoice parameter (e.g. invoice amount),
- Signature regulations for invoice audit and release,
- Authorizations, etc.
These factors are relevant for the invoice processing and therefore the necessary signature regulation is also precisely addressed.
Examples of invoice workflows for the electronic invoice audit:
- If an invoice item is too high for a “releaser”, the person with the next highest financial competence is integrated into the process according to the “Two-Man Rule”.
- Invoices with an order reference are handled in two booking areas in two completely different ways.
- Invoices are preassigned by the accounting department and then further processed in the workflow. For instance, they can be verified or release by the responsible person – or the other way round!
According to the process definition, a specific SAP workflow is started in order to perform an electronic audit of every invoice. Process participants can be integrated in the invoice processing via SAP GUI (cockpit, business workplace), e-mail or web app. Accordingly, they can check, comment, approve or return invoices.
Your benefits with the inPuncto solution
- On the base of plain process rules in SAP you automate the audit of invoices of any document type.
- Gapless protocolling of the audit of invoices: With our solution, which is certified by auditors, all statutory provisions are satisfied (GoBD).
- Processes are inititated system-sided according to relevant invoice criteria. Values that are read out through OCR/ICR-technology are already compared with SAP.
- Automated approval process of the audit of invoices: Invoices are sent automatically via workflow to all participants in process (FI/CO experts, manager, employees without SAP etc.), so that they can grant their approvals.
- Costs reducing
- Reduction of process costs up to 50%.
That’s what the SAP-DMS by inPuncto can do.
A short overview about the automated processing of invoices, audit of invoices and release of invoices via SAP, e-mail and in the web.
Short and compact – the highlights of our software
- Ntested & certified
Are you ready to start?
for the automated processing and releasing of different document types.
Automated invoice processing in SAP
Get the white paper on the topic – it is free of charge and you get useful information as a PDF!
Efficient invoice processing in SAP with additional software by inPuncto
Company: Silgan White Cap
Read the reference story!
biz²ScanServer and biz²DocumentControl for SAP
Read the reference story
Do you have anyQuestion?
Contact us today – we are on your disposal!
What's your next digitization project?
Complement your SAP system specifically with the products of the ECM-Suite by inPuncto to have more convenience and security through additional functions on the way to digitizing your document-related processes. Flexibly expandable and usable in various combinations, your document-based processes can be digitized comprehensly and profitably.
With the invoice ledger incl. cockpit you gain more transparency and control over all invoice workflows.
Automate the invoice audit processes of different document types on the basis of plain process rules in SAP.
Automate your invoice processing in SAP – and thereby optimize your purchase-to-pay processess!
Process e-invoices of different invoice formats, such as ZUGFeRD, XRechnung, SIX Paynet, FatturaPa etc. easily & conveniently!
Reduce the process costs of the invoice receipt workflows with simultaneous increasing of the quality.
Scan and archive your incoming invoices automatically at the booked SAP invoice receipts for more convenience.
Optimize the purchasing processes in SAP: accelerate the approval process for purchase orders using the release workflow.
Allocate your delivery notes automatically and comfortably to the corresponding objects. We also offer you an audit-proof archiving!
inPuncto automates company-specific and document-based processes in SAP. Contact us – We are gladly available for you!