Audit of invoices of different document types
Automated processing of invoices and audit of invoices of any document types in SAP
Automate your processing of invoices incl. audit of invoices in SAP – no matter if they are typical incoming invoices (supplier or creditor invoices) or special cases. A variety of document types is supported!
The process of processing of invoices and auditof invoices has different requirements according to its type. Therefore it is necessary to manage various document types of invoices in SAP-FI and to preferably perform an automated audit of invoices in SAP. This flexibility is already component of our inPuncto software.
For the process of the automated processing of invoices and audit of invoices, incoming invoices of different document types are first scanned in batch (e.g. with/without reference to the order, credit item, asset posting etc.)
After the OCR/ICR processing, a document type is suggested through the read-out-context of the invoice – ultimately the corresponding transaction for the booking is determined by that.
A system-technical audit of invoices in SAP as well as the audit of receipt of goods is accomplished. Master and moving data are analysed.
Different dependences affect the invoice process resp. invoice workflow:
- Document type (typical creditor invoice without refererence to the order, incoming invoice with reference to the order, credit item, deposit invoice, deposit requirement, asset posting, inventory account booking etc.)
- Favoured transaction of your company,
- Accounting area,
- Invoice parameter (e.g. level of the invoice amount),
- Regulation of signatures for the audit and release of invoices,
- Authorizations, etc.
These influence criteria characterize the invoice process and therefore also the necessary regulation of signatures is precisely adressed.
Examples of invoice workflows for the electronic audit of invoices:
- If an invoice item is too high for a “releaser”, the person with the next highest financial competence is integrated into the process according to the four-eyes-principle.
- Invoices with reference to the order are handled in two booking areas in two completely different ways.
- Invoices are preassigned on the G/L accounts level by the accounting department– then the process goes on the journey e.g. for the audit and release of the corresponding responsible person – or the other way round!
According to the definition of process, a specific workflow is started for the elctronic audit of invoices of every invoice in SAP. Participants in process can check, comment, approve, resent via SAP GUI (cockpit, business workplace), e-mail or web invoices. Also non-SAP professionals can be integrated in the invoice process.
How does the automated processing and audit of invoices work?
In a simple example, which is available for you as PDF to download, the process of the automated processing and audit of invoices is exemplary illustrated: Automated processing of invoices of any document type
Ihr inPuncto Team
Telefon: +49 (0) 711 66 188 500
We are pleased to arrange a free webinar for you!
References: Success Stories
Invoice auditing of any document type (448.73 KB)
Automated processing and audit of invoices of any document types in SAP: Examples of application and advantages
Examples of application for the automated processing and audit of invoices of any document types in SAP
- Invoices without reference to the order, credit items of creditors, invoices with reference to the order,
- Handling of invoices for “parked documents” in SAP, deposit invoices, deposit reuiqrements,
- asset postings, inventory account bookings, etc.
Your advantages through the automated processing and audit of invoices of any document type with inPuncto software
- On the base of plain process rules in SAP you automate the audit of invoices of any document type.
- Processes are inititated system-sided according to relevant invoice criteria. Values that are read out through OCR/ICR-technology are already compared with SAP.
- Automated approval process of the audit of invoices: Invoices are sent automatically via workflow to all participants in process (FI/CO experts, manager, employees without SAP etc.), so that they can grant their approvals.
- Gapless protocolling of the audit of invoices: With our solution, which is certified by auditors, all statutory provisions are satisfied (GoBD).
- Reduction of process costs up to 50%.