Output Management: Document creation in SAP
Output Management: creating documents automatically with SAP data in MS-Office
The creation of documents out of SAP can consume lots of time. But it doesn´t have to, because with the additional software by inPuncto you can create Microsoft Word Documents for the Output Management with only a few clicks, and fill them with current Data out of SAP. Furthermore you can edit the documents individually after having created them.
What is output Management?
Output Management is defined as a process of production, creation and distribution of (physical and electronic) documents to certain recipients (persons or companies) with the aim of optimizing processes and, as a result, save time and expenses. The Output Management is a section of Enterprise Content Managements (ECM).
How does Output Management work with inPuncto-add-ons?
For the automatic creation of documents you first need an SAP-System, which contains the data, structure and logics you want to work with. Furthermore you need a deposition and archiving system, where you can buffer modifiable documents, e.g. our biz²ArchiveServer. In addition you require our biz²OfficeForms for Microsoft Office for creating and editing templates and documents for the Output Management.
- Initiation the creation of documents – the SAP object
- Creating templates
- Template Management
- Document creation
- Document management
Even spreadsheets, e.g. for an offer creation, can be added easily. Therefor you just need to mold the first spreadsheet row – the remaining data is being dragged out of the SAP system into the spreadsheet. Here, MS-Word is working as a template design tool including the elements and their regulations. SAP provides your data structured.
The direct „WYSIWYG“ (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) convinces with its handling and its transparency when molding. This way you can see exactly how the prospective document will look like.
The entire template administration for the Output Management happens in SAP, not in Microsoft or locally! This has the advantage of making the templates available for every participant with the inPuncto solution, and keeping the templates up-to-date. Versions, validities and warrants complete the template management in SAP.
The particular: Templates (e.g. for translations) can be exported without an SAP integration. In addition, you can edit, optimize and reimport templates retrospectively in the SAP system.
Automatic document creation
Automatic document creation
Application examples for the automatic document creation
The intelligent document creation by inPuncto is especially practicable in use in the field of
- human resources (labor contracts, work certificates, certificates of employment, employee letters, approvals of vacation and travel requests, premiums cover letter, etc.) or in the
- Student Life Circle Management
(individual study course of students based contextual content).
But also this solution can be used profitably in the
- creation of letters, forms, reports, proposals, invoices, price lists, contract documents, etc.
Your benefits with the intelligent document creation by inPuncto
- Integration of document creation in SAP.
- Templates for document creation can be create without programming knowledge and complicated scripting (what-you-see-is-what-you-get or WYSIWYG).
- High flexibility thanks to the easy processing with the MS Office interface.
- Time savings (and therefore staff cost savings) in the document creation in mass or individual document creation thanks to intelligent template management and data from SAP.
- The created templates can be can be individually edited at any time via the Office interface.
- Templates and SAP text modules for document creation are always up to date in the central administration and comply with the corporate design.
- Audit-proof archiving of the created documents.
- Reduction of operating costs (elimination of paper, toner and postage costs).