Archiving in cloud environments
SAP data and documents in the cloud
The effortful management of infrastrucutre components like storage, jukeboxes, SAN and NAS systems can be reduced by the usage of cloud environments.
Hereby, activities like the creation of backups and the care and management of the storage media are omitted – in addition to the investement in such components. As a result, archives in cloud environments offer companies enormous cost and time savings.
With inPuncto you design an optimal system architecture for the cloud:
- The SAP system is managed by you or your provider.
- You work with SAP data and documents with the inPuncto SAP archive biz²Archiver in cache-modus.
- You profite of quick access times via inPuncto cache mechanisms.
- The SAP data and documents are transfered via HTTP(S) from the inPuncto archive to the cloud storage (proper filing and archiving).
- If a document may not be available in the cache, a targeted reload is carried out from the cloud.
- By the usage of crypto-technology, the data and documents are filed highly safe encoded.
One example for a cloud storage is the business area of Google Drive.
In connection with the crypto-technology by inPuncto, cloud storages can also be made secure towards accesses of administrators of the cloud.
The data resp. documents are filed encoded and fragmented in the cloud. A decoding of the AES-encoding is only possible with the corresponding code. This key is assigned by you during the first implementation of the inPuncto crypto server.
How does the archiving of your data and doucments in a cloud with the aid of our inPuncto software work?
The cloud-archiving completely replaces physical storage media. The advantage is that all deposit- & archiving-scenarios are furthermore configurated out of SAP. Therefore only the storage area and the access are to define in the cloud.
The user locally works in the fast LAN environment via inPuncto cache mechanisms. Permanent deposit and archiving happens in the cloud. For the transfer of data and documents, standard protocols are used. The connection to the cloud can also be carried out safely through corresponding protection activities.
Your data & documents in a cloud with inPuncto software: fields of application & advantages
Your data and documents in a cloud with inPuncto software: fields of application and advantages
Fields of application for an archive in the cloud:
All modules in SAP like
- DVS etc.
Your advantages of our ECM software regarding your archive in cloud environments
- Decentral access and also performant access via intelligent system architecture (locally: biz²Archiver cache, cloud: pure physical storage and archiving).
- Maximal security because no access can be initiated outside of SAP.
- Access independent of SAP release.
- Effort for the backup of the productive data is omitted.
- Effort for the care and management of the storage media is omitted.