The term CAD covers all graphic activities, which analyze, structure and algorithmize the technical planning, construction and manufacturing. Thus CAD means construction with electronic help, which is adjusted to the desired line of business, in this case architecture. CAE: For all computer-aided technical works the generic term CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) has gained acceptance. It includes:
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) for draft, construction and calculation,
- CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) for production control
- CAP (Computer Aided Planning) for the progress planning
- CAQ (Computer Aided Quality) for quality assurance
- CAT (Computer Aided Testing) for testing methods.